CAREER FLUENCY® PARTNERSHIPS
“I’ve enjoyed this partnership both because of the immediate creation of a working curriculum for a high-need area of our programming. I also feel as if we’ve identified true ‘thought partners’ who are conscientiously approaching this very nuanced work.”
– Partner at Harlem RBI
Demand for career preparedness for low-income students is growing throughout the nation. The finish line has moved from college acceptance to college graduation and only recently to careers.
Equipped with our best-in-class curriculum and 11 years of results, OppNet is leading the way to ensure that low-income and first-generation college bound students not only graduate college but are prepared for the workplace. We do this by delivering our innovative Career Fluency® curriculum on a larger scale than ever before– Career Fluency® Partnerships.
Urban schools and youth-serving organizations, as well as the funding community, recognize that OppNet has a powerful model that truly works. In response to steady demand from these schools and organizations, OppNet launched Career Fluency® Partnerships to amplify college and career outcomes for partner institutions.
We work closely with partners to train their teachers, guidance counselors and/or staff to adapt and deliver our curriculum, building each partner’s own institutional capacity to achieve superior college and career results for the students they serve.
Highlights of our Career Fluency® partnerships include:
- D.C. Students Construction Trades Foundation: OppNet adapted 16 lessons, conducted over 20 hours of training, certified two Career Fluency® Coaches and provided year-long remote technical assistance.
- NYC Department of Education: The DOE approached OppNet to scope 160 lessons and train 18 teachers at three P-TECH schools for implementation, reaching 320 students this year as we build long-term teacher capacity school-wide.
- Harlem RBI and East Harlem Tutorial Program: At the recommendation of several foundations, both organizations approached OppNet to build a joint, five-week College Transition Boot Camp, including training on 18 lessons and technical assistance throughout the duration of the program.
- KIPP Through College: OppNet delivered 16 lessons and three special events for a subset of first year KIPP Through College Scholars over the course of one academic year. Additionally, OppNet provided 50+ hours of consultation to help KTC scope out its readiness for an internship program.
- Washington Heights Expeditionary Learning School (WHEELS): Through this school-wide partnership, we adapted 35 lessons and trained teacher leaders to reach 300 students last year. We will continue to build teacher and counselor capacities, implement a summer bridge boot camp and support their efforts to enhance alumni programming.
Interested in learning more about our Career Fluency® Partnerships? Contact us at email@example.com.