APPLY TO BE AN OPPNET PREP STUDENT
WHO WE ARE
OppNet Prep is a fun and exciting career development and college preparation program for motivated rising ninth grade students. OppNet Prep students will get the opportunity to:
- Get exposure to new and exciting careers;
- Make connections with influential executives and professionals;
- Explore how to get into college, and
- Discover how to apply to engaging enrichment programs, exciting internships and cool summer opportunities.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Applicants must be ninth grade students at a New York City public high school.
- Applicants must be able to commit to one full-year of programming from November 2016-May 2017. Program dates include some weekdays and select Saturdays.
- Applicants should be motivated to excel in the classroom.
- Applicants should have an overall GPA of 75 and above from their 8th grade year.
- Applicants should not otherwise have access to the kinds of opportunities we offer–connections to companies and internships, intensive college counseling and application assistance, professional networks that can open doors to successful careers, etc.
Please be aware that while these criteria are the most important factors we consider, we will make exceptions on a case-by-case basis if a student demonstrates unique potential in other tangible ways or has faced particularly difficult circumstances limiting his or her ability to excel in one of these areas.
- Monday, October 17th: Application deadline
- Wednesday, October 26th: Applicants are notified if they have been invited for a finalist interview.
- November 1st-3rd: Applicant interviews
- Monday, November 7th: Accepted students notified.
- Tuesday, November 15th: Student/Family Orientation
If you have any questions at any point during the application process, please email email@example.com.
Our applications are now closed for the 2016-2017 school year. Thank you for your interest!