CAREER FLUENCY® PARTNERSHIPS
“I’ve enjoyed this partnership both because of the immediate creation of a working curriculum for a high-need area of our programming. I also feel as if we’ve identified true ‘thought partners’ who are conscientiously approaching this very nuanced work.”
– Partner at Harlem RBI
We believe that all students can increase their potential to graduate from college ready for careers, and we know that organizations across the city and country are working hard to achieve this goal.
In response to steady inquiries from urban public schools, youth-serving nonprofits, and funders, OppNet has launched Career Fluency® Partnerships to amplify college and career outcomes for partner institutions.
We work closely with partners to train their teachers, guidance counselors and/or staff to adapt and deliver our curriculum, building each partner’s own institutional capacity to achieve superior college and career results for the students they serve.
Highlights of our Career Fluency® partnerships include:
- D.C. Students Construction Trades Foundation: OppNet adapted 16 lessons, conducted over 20 hours of training, certified two Career Fluency® Coaches and provided year-long remote technical assistance.
- NYC Department of Education: The DOE approached OppNet to scope 160 lessons and train 18 teachers at three P-TECH schools for implementation, reaching 320 students this year as we build long-term teacher capacity school-wide.
- Harlem RBI and East Harlem Tutorial Program: At the recommendation of several foundations, both organizations approached OppNet to build a joint, five-week College Transition Boot Camp, including training on 18 lessons and technical assistance throughout the duration of the program.
- KIPP Through College: OppNet delivered 16 lessons and three special events for a subset of first year KIPP Through College Scholars over the course of one academic year. Additionally, OppNet provided 50+ hours of consultation to help KTC scope out its readiness for an internship program.
- Washington Heights Expeditionary Learning School (WHEELS): Through this school-wide partnership, we adapted 35 lessons and trained teacher leaders to reach 300 students last year. We will continue to build teacher and counselor capacities, implement a summer bridge boot camp and support their efforts to enhance alumni programming.
Interested in learning more about our Career Fluency® Partnerships? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.