BECOME AN OPPORTUNITY NETWORK FELLOW
WHO WE ARE
The Opportunity Network is a unique, six-year career development program for motivated, high-performing high school students looking to:
- Get exposure to over twenty-five career tracks
- Make personal connections with influential executives and professionals
- Apply to competitive colleges
- Build their resumes through paid internships or special enrichment opportunities
- Develop a lifelong network leading to high-level positions and rewarding careers
It is no exaggeration that students who are accepted into our program can dramatically change the course of their futures.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Applicants must currently be enrolled in tenth grade at a New York City public high school.
- Applicants should be excelling in the classroom. In most cases, this means a GPA of 90 or above, a high class ranking, and/or challenging college preparatory coursework.
- Applicants should be pursuing their hobbies and interests with passion and energy.
- Applicants should not already have access to the kinds of opportunities the program offers, such as connections to professional networks and job opportunities as well as intensive college counseling and application assistance.
- Applicants must be self-motivated to get an early start on increasing their prospects of attending a competitive college or university, building a successful career, and achieving a position of influence in the world.
Please be aware that while these criteria are the most important factors we consider, we will make exceptions on a case-by-case basis if a student demonstrates unique potential in other tangible ways or has faced particularly difficult circumstances limiting his or her ability to excel in one of these areas.
WHAT WE DO
- The Fellows Program begins with a mandatory Summer Institute for incoming students (rising juniors). Afterwards, from the beginning of junior year to the end of senior year, students attend weekly afterschool workshops focusing on networking, professional skills, and career exploration as well as special activities and events. Most class sessions and activities take place in Manhattan.
- Through the summer opportunities program, juniors and seniors participate in paid internships and unique enrichment programs all over New York City, the United States, and the world. Many students are placed in internships in banking, finance, law, medicine, technology, science research, media, journalism, film, entertainment, arts, nonprofits, government, museums, education, and a variety of other fields.
- The college guidance team supports students throughout the college selection process and includes college visits, SAT/ACT prep, and individualized advising on admissions, financial aid, and scholarships.
- After high school, students continue to receive four years of in-college mentoring and programming, including career advising and exclusive access to summer internships and networking events.
Want to apply to be a Fellow?
Information regarding the application process for 2018 will be posted here in December and shared via our Facebook and Instagram accounts. The deadline for the application will be in February 2018. In the meantime, feel free to contact recruiting@